(1) Why will I need a prescription for some items when there is no problem purchasing the same item without a script when I visit the chemist in person?
The laws governing pharmacy in Australia have stated that pharmacist only medications require personal counselling on sale of the
item. As Internet and mail-order pharmacy does not fulfill that requirement, a prescription will ensure that the Doctor has provided the appropriate counselling.
Alternatively, customers can place
an order for “pharmacist only medication” online or over the phone and
receive direct counselling at the time from a pharmacist. This will
allow the medication to be sent without a prescription. Please phone and ask
to speak to one of
(2) What is the procedure if I am not at home to take delivery of my order?
HomePharmacy uses the registered mail system through Australia Post to deliver your package. If you are not at home to receive the parcel,
Australia Post will leave a card notifying you to pick it up at your closest Australia Post Office. Sometimes these cards can get lost accidentally , so if you think your package should have arrived in due time, please check with your local post office first.
(3) When can I expect delivery of my order?
frames will, of course, rely on standard Australia Post delivery times. A
timetable is available on our website under "Delivery Time Table". These times are supplied by Australia Post and sometimes they can vary
depending on individual circumstances.
(4) Is it okay to fax my prescription?
No, the laws state that it is illegal to accept a faxed or emailed prescription in Australia. HomePharmacy must receive the original prescription before we can dispense the items. For non prescription orders, please fill in the
form and fax this to 07 3841 6733, and we can then process the order
(5) If I do not live in Australia will I be able to order prescription items?
Yes, you can
however you must have a prescription that is of Australian origin and written by a registered Australian Doctor. We
cannot not accept international prescriptions.
(6) Help!!! I'm not connected to the Internet and I want to place an order with HomePharmacy.
Yes. Not all of us have internet access. In this case, left click here to download the order form or alternatively you can save a copy of the order form by right clicking here & save it onto
your desktop. After you have printed the form, complete the details and mail it to our address
along with any prescription if necessary.
(7) Will my order details be confidential?
Yes. All information supplied to HomePharmacy is strictly confidential. We will never provide any information to another party under any circumstance.
(8) I can't locate a product on the HomePharmacy website! How can you help me?
Please go to
the contact us area and send us an email to the product enquiry Department.
We will endeavour to to find it for you. On the other hand you can
call us and speak to our friendly staff during business hours.
(9) I want to cancel my order. What do I do now?
us or email us as soon as possible and the order will be cancelled. Please
remember that orders placed will be dispatched the same or next working day. Orders that have already been dispatched
cannot be cancelled and will have to be posted back at your expense. As long
as all packaging is in original unmarked condition, a refund less postage or delivery fee will be provided.
There is also a 10% fee that will apply for processing and handling the
(10) I'll be using a credit card to pay for my order. What protective measures have HomePharmacy got in place to protect my Credit Card details?
When you place an order online, your personal information and credit card information is encrypted using SSL encryption technology before being sent over the Internet, making it virtually impossible for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred. Your credit card information is being sent directly to St George Payment Gateway and is not stored in our Web site database, therefore it is safe from hackers.
(11) I want my prescription repeats held on file by HomePharmacy for ease of ordering. Can you do this?
Yes. We can hold your prescription repeats to save you time. Please feel free to notify us by attaching a note stating that you are requesting us to keep your repeats on file and that you have given us permission to do so. The next time you place an order, we will match up the repeats with the order and dispatch
on the same day, thus minimising delivery time.
(12) Does HomePharmacy supply product catalogues?
HomePharmacy at this stage does not produce catalogues, as the expense involved would lead to increases in costs. All products are listed on our website. Don't forget our Priority Promise -if it is not listed we will do our best to find it for you!!!
(13) I'd like to know a little of the background of the people who own and operate the HomePharmacy website.
HomePharmacy is owned and operated by Sohail Asghar. He is an Australian registered pharmacist with
multiple years of retail pharmacy experience.
(14) I'd like to ask a question so can I speak with the Pharmacist in person?
Yes. We have Pharmacists available by phone 6 days a week from 8:30am - 6:00pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 1pm on Saturday Brisbane Time (GMT + 10). Please see "Contact us" section for all our contact details.